Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Vacation in California for just two!

Jaxon made his first flight and trip to California to meet his California family.It was just Jaxon and I that made the trip and it was a much needed Vacation for mom!(2 WEEKS.. I could have stayed a bit longer, but my husband was missing us) I was a little scared about the flights but both turned out to be OK. Going we didn't sit by anyone on the plane, except we did sit in the very front row and some VERY loud people talking in some other language with a 2 year old sat behind us. The two year old kept on kicking my seat and the dad kept on singing some Russian song to quite the kid down. I didn't know which was more annoying the kid kicking my seat and screaming or the father singing in volume 11. Plus the mother, whose face was covered up most of the time, liked to walk up and down the aisle barefooted and occasional made my arm rest a place to rest her dirty no shoes and no socks ( and chipped nail polish on the toes... yes they were that close). I was a bit disgusted and just wanted to LAND! Finally we made it and it was so exciting to walk down the stairs in the airport and see Grandma and Grandpa waiting to see Jaxon. First time meeting Grandpa and last saw Grandma when he was 4 weeks old. My first stop request... the DEL! (del taco).

Aunt Gennie and Jaxon

Gennie had to work quite a bit because of the holiday but she came over after work and ate dinner with us some nights. A few nights she even got to spend the night. I went to her apartment one afternoon and saw how cute everything was. We went shopping together, just the two of us, while grandma watched Jaxon. She even helped watch Jaxon with my mom, while I had a 5 hour hair appt. ( Yes--- it really took that long, and it was the longest I was away from Jaxon... AHHH, I was freaking). We had lunch together and we even reminisced and looked at all of our childhood ornaments together. That was a good morning!






Jaxon meeting Sergio.... Sergio was really cute with him and occasionally walked around with him so I could eat some dinner.




Jaxon loves men, which means he LOVES Grandpa. Most of the time Jaxon was just waking up in the morning when my dad was leaving for work, so grandpa got to spend time with Jaxon at night. Some nights Jaxon was "telling all" to grandpa about what happened during the day, but the majority of the time Jaxon just wanted to sleep in his arms.

Grandpa Fausett and Jaxon







My mom worked in the morning ( bless her.. she woke up at 5 and was at work by 6)and made it home just when Jaxon and I were waking up. We normally got ready and headed out to SHOP!! I love to shop with my mom. We weren't toooo dangerous this year. But.. I came to a conclusion that I love to shop with stores which are all walking distance within each other... Target, play less shoes, Marshall's, 99 cents store, then ACROSS the STREET, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Ross, The Dollar Tree, ECO THRIFT Oh my, my heart is racing fast just thinking of them. Every time we drove past somewhere that I have not seen for awhile, I would yell out--- OH ___name of store__________ I love ___name of store___!! It was quite hilarious for my parents. Most of the time it was places to eat, like PANDA EXPRESS, SPAGHETTI FACTORY,Del Taco, PASTA VILLAGE, LA BOU,you know places that people in the South don't know about, and SHAME on them.

Grandma Fausett and Jaxon ( it was tough getting these because my mom hates taking pictures, she normally is hiding behind someone)








Jaxon also made a few trips within California to meet his GREAT grandparents and cousins. Boy was he LOVED!!! We drove to San Jose and stayed a few days with Grandma and Grandpa great. But our first stop before G and G great was to San Ramon to visit with Matt and his family. I didn't have my camera readily available so I only got the pictures with Claira. It was great to see Matt,Alicia and their girls. I have missed them very much, and those GIRLS are ADORABLE!! Claira was cute with Jaxon, she wanted to HOLD him all by herself.

Matt, Claira and Jaxon



We had a good visit with Grandpa and Grandma great. Jaxon was a trooper and went shopping with the girls and out to lunch. We also had a very special day on Sunday at my Aunt Pam's house. Jaxon was introduced to everyone and was given a name and a blessing by my dad. It was a very very special day for my dad, Jaxon and me. I didn't get any pictures of that night, which I am bummed about. Aunt Pam made the night unbelievable. She had everything so nice and decorated with an adorable baby boy tree. We had a wonderful evening.

Grandma and Grandpa Calvert thought Jaxon was just a handsome baby, and he was so good for them too. He looked up at Grandpa Great and just stared at him. He loved his sleeps in Grandma Great's arms. That visit went by way tooo fast.






I got to meet Katie's husband Jimmy for the first time and we had a fun visit. We made buddy mix and Katie even got her hands dirty and mixed all the chocolate and cereal together, YEAH for Katie. The best part was teasing Katie and Jimmy for certain things (no gas station purchases Jimmy :)) and informing Katie about family secrets that she should know about by now!!! They are a cute couple!!




I had a great vacation with my family in California. I miss California, I really do. There was one thing missing though and it wasn't complete. Justin wasn't there to join in on the fun. It was terribly hard to say our goodbyes at the airport and lugging the 4 suitcases back to Texas was the interesting part. (or maybe sitting next to the 400 lb man on the airplane returning home. He shielded us quite well when I had to nurse Jaxon. No one even saw us sitting next to him!)
Thanks to my parents, WE HAD CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!! I love my mom and dad for all that they do for me and Justin and the love that they show EVERYDAY to Jaxon. We miss them so much and can't wait for the next visit.

It was good to come home and see Justin at the airport. I was a new wife --- I had a vacation, I was pampered by my parents and I have BLONDE hair again! Whoopie!! Jaxon remembered Justin, he hadn't seen him for 16 long days. He looked right up at Justin at the airport and smiled and just held his face. Oh so sweet! I came home and Christmas was here in just 5 days. Justin decorated the house all so cute and went grocery shopping all by himself and actually had to think out meal plans. I have a wonderful husband.

2 comments:

Fausett Family said...

Sorry we missed you and getting to meet Jaxon. All the pictures are so cute. Your hair is awesome. I like you as a blonde better. Come visit in Vegas. I heard Justin has never been here. Miss you guys!

Jimmy and Katie said...

Thank you for being descreet with your comments about Jimmy and I! LOL! Illegal! So fun having you out here Em! I hope my kids are as cute as yours!